Do You Have What it Takes to Work at the Highest Level of the Federal Government?By Barbara Adams - President & CEO - Career Pro Global
The federal government is seeking visionary men and women with well-honed executive leadership skills and qualifications that can continue to transform our government. Senior Executive Service (SES) jobs can be found by visiting the USA Jobs <http://www.articlesbase.com/career-management-articles/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-work-at-the-highest-level-of-the-federal-government-424164.html> web site and searching for SES (see URL below). This site also provides additional background on the SES or senior executive service concept.
Seven questions you should ask yourself if you are considering applying for a Federal SES position:
- Do you share a share a broad perspective of government and a public service commitment that is grounded in the Constitution?
- Are you interested in serving in the key positions within federal government just below the top Presidential appointees?
- Would you like to serve as one of the major links between Presidential appointees and the rest of the Federal work force?
- Are you qualified to lead and oversee nearly every government activity in one of approximately 75 Federal agencies <http://www.articlesbase.com/career-management-articles/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-work-at-the-highest-level-of-the-federal-government-424164.html>?
- Do you have the personal and professional passion to serve as one of the top executives in Federal Government?
- Are you a visionary leader and able to motivate personnel, build partnerships, and communicate with customers?
- Do you possess solid management skills in order to produce optimum results with limited resources?
If you answered YES to these questions, The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) wants to hear from you. Simply visit www.usajobs.opm.gov and type in the search term SES. You can also search for SES positions by city and state, but the majority of SES jobs are located in and around Washington, D.C. SES Applications can be quite daunting, but well worth the effort to become one of the top executives in the federal government.
ABOUT BARBARA ADAMS:
Barbara Adams, President & CEO of CareerPro Global, the parent company of www.careerproplus.com <http://www.militaryresumewriters.com/articles/www.careerproplus.com> and www.militaryresumewriters.com, Ms. Adams has been a member of the careers community for the past 18 years. She holds four prestigious industry certifications. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MilitaryConnection.com is a portal of “all things military” and is rapidly becoming the “go to site” of the military community according to General James P. Combs. MilitaryConnection.com has thousands of pages of resources and information. Everything is provided free to users. We just launched a new Job Board with thousands of jobs worldwide in every conceivable job category. MilitaryConnection.com offers a Directory of Employers too where users can search by alphabetically by industry and location. The MilitaryConnection.com Virtual Job Fair features the opportunities of top employers. Debbie Gregory, CEO of MilitaryConnection.com is proud to be joining forces with Barbara Adams and Military Resume Writers which is part of CareerProPlus to provide valuable articles and resume writing services for our users. When the next tour is back home, it’s on MilitaryConnection.com for top jobs. We believe an excellent resume will land our job seekers many government and civilian jobs.