Job Interview Checklist
Before the Interview:
1. Thoroughly researched the organization and the job which I am interviewing.
2. I am aware of the logistics, parking, office location, paperwork, attire, and the type of interview that will be conducted.
3. I have called to confirm the interview time.
4. Prepared to talk about my accomplishments in non-military terms.
5. Reviewed the questions I think I may be asked in the interview and practiced my responses to them.
6. I have composed my responses in writing.
7. Planned interview attire that is appropriate for the job, the organization and the industry.
8. Bring pens, notepad and extra copies of my resume.
9. Other items I might need: extra pair of pantyhose, spot-remover wipes, tissues, comb and brush, hairspray or gel, makeup, for touchups, breath mints, and an umbrella.
Day of the Interview:
Got a good night's sleep.
Bathed and put on deodorant.
Stopped smoking 2 hours prior to interview (if applicable).
Plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Turn off my cell phone.
Speak with a strong, forceful voice to project confidence.
Ensure that my strong points come across to the interviewer in a factual, sincere manner.
Thank the interviewer(s) for their time.
Request business cards from each person or get the correct spelling of their first/last names.
After the Interview:
As soon as possible, write down the notes from the interview so no crucial details are missed.
Write and send “thank-you” letters within 24 hours to each person with whom I interviewed.
Follow up within a week
MilitaryConnection.com is a portal of all things military. One of our main areas of focus is to connect members of military and veteran communities and their family members with outstanding jobs. We handle all occupational areas across the board including healthcare, transportation, law enforcement, trades, security high tech and much more. You will find excellent jobs for military and veterans in both the civilian and government sectors on our site. MilitaryConnection.com is proud to present a multitude of resources for those seeking employment opportunities. We provide all types of articles and job tips to assist you. We also have many valuable resources including but not limited to our Virtual Job Fair, our Directory of Employers and of course the MilitaryConnection Job Board with thousands of nationwide jobs. MilitaryConnection.com recognizes the wonderful contributions of Transition Officers and Veteran Service Officers. We value their hard work and work with them. When the next tours is back home, it's on MilitaryConnection.com