Ellen Berk is the founder and Director of Interactions Counseling P.C., a private practice group of mental health professionals.
She has seventeen years of experience in individual therapy, family therapy, and group therapy. Specialties include:
- Couples, pre-marital and marital counseling.
- Children and adults suffering from depression or complicated grief and loss issues related to neuromuscular diseases, and other chronic illnesses, and disabilities.
- Dual diagnoses: abuse survivors with eating disorders, and /or substance abuse problems.
- Coping with life changes through out the lifecycle including families and their children with chronic conditions, and parents and teens facing life stressors.
- Pet assisted talk therapy- with, “Jason”, a Shetland Sheep dog. He is licensed by Therapy Dogs International, license number # 045765.
Author of Helping More People: Applying Current Consumer Research to Marketing Mental Health Services.©1998. She designed study questions for this study and made the market assessment along with suggesting how individual therapists can help improve his/her image in the mental health market place, and develop a strategy for choosing product niches. She has conducted workshops, and consulted individuals/organizations for mental health practice development.
She has thirty years of experience working in marketing and business management. Duties included conducting marketing research and implementing marketing plans, sales management, including supervision, budgeting, implementing advertising plans, sales training, staffing, and community needs ascertainment.