Patient Safety Program Managers
Flex HR, Inc. has partnered with a patient safety management and training company that specializes in team performance for civilian and military healthcare organizations.
Directs the establishment and operations of the Military Health System Patient Safety Program (MHS PSP) and works closely with Military Treatment Facility (MTF) leadership to promote a culture of safety throughout the MTF.
Additionally, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, implement and coordinate Patient Safety (PS) functions in accordance with Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD) directives
- Serve as PS resource and confer with personnel at all levels to develop and direct the program
- Conduct annual appraisal of the adequacy of organization-wide PS activities and policies
- Collaborate with other functions on items related to risk identification, assessment and control
- Ensure all events are reported according to Air Force and DoD instructions
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on patient safety events.
- Collect, analyze and display data from facility event reviews, RCAs and other sources
- Collaborate with facility Risk Manager in managing adverse event reporting and risk assessment at all levels of patient care
- Collaborate with facility Process Improvement Manager on the use of analytical tools
- Develop, coordinate and present ongoing PS facility-wide education in the form of new employee orientation, annual recurrent training, in-service training to all personnel and one-on-one consultations as necessary to include risk identification, assessment and control principles and practices
- Maintain expertise in proactive approaches to enhance and sustain Patient Safety
- Manage the integration of the DoD healthcare team coordination into the organization
- Recommend and aid implementation of process improvements leading to the formulation of policies to affect safer care.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, healthcare administration or equivalent clinical health care degree.
- Familiarity with Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and The Joint Commission as well as other related civilian accreditation of healthcare organization programs and MHS inspections
- Knowledge and experience with RCA and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of tools to include Access, Excel, Visual Basic and SQL with experience in relational databases and visual report design tools
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication, public speaking and interpersonal relationships
- Military healthcare experience a plus
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Candidates interested may inquire about these openings by email:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/H/V)