How a Nanny Can Benefit Your Family
You are considering hiring a nanny. Hiring a nanny can benefit your family in myriad ways. The benefits most frequently touted by families include the following.
- A nanny can relieve you of some of your work/life imbalance stress. Just as you may have support staff at work because you can’t do it all by yourself, having support staff at home can serve a similar purpose. The nanny can help not only with childcare but also with housekeeping, meal preparation, errand running, etc.
- A nanny can increase the proportion of your total time with your children that is spent in quality-time activities. It is likely that some of the time that you spend with your children each evening is spent helping your children with their homework, prodding them to brush their teeth and get ready for bed, and performing other tasks that take away from your quality time with them. Adding a nanny to your household, however, can change that. The nanny can help your children with their homework before you get home from your workday. She can be responsible for prodding the children to brush their teeth and get ready for bed. Your evenings with your children can be spent doing quality-time activities such as having the children tell you about their day, reading stories together, cuddling, and bonding.
- A nanny can provide children with additional supervision. If you have three or more children, you may, at times, feel “outnumbered” by your children. Hiring a nanny can shift the adult-to-child ratio in your favor. This will diminish the opportunity for accidents to happen when one child is unsupervised while you are busy attending to another’s child’s needs.
- A nanny can provide reinforcement to parental instructions and boundaries. For example, if your 12-year-old is upset because you have told him that he cannot have a boy/girl slumber party, your nanny can provide him comfort while also helping him understand and accept your boundary.
- A nanny can provide new influences for your children. If you want your children to learn about foreign languages and cultures, a foreign-raised nanny may be an excellent choice for your family. She can speak one or more foreign languages to your children and teach them about the foreign cultures associated with that/those foreign language(s).
- A nanny can provide parenting expertise. If you have one or two young children, you may consider yourself to be an inexperienced parent. A seasoned nanny, by contrast, has raised many children. She has had far more childrearing experiences than the typical parent of one or two young children has had.
Hiring a nanny can benefit your family in a host of ways. The list provided above are some of the most common benefits.
Nannies4hire.com has been affiliated with the nanny industry since 1987 and has grown into the largest and most successful company in the business. Candi Wingate, President of Nannies4hire.com, a mother herself, knows first-hand how hard it can be to find the perfect nanny. Our database is designed to assist families in finding a quality nanny for their specific needs and requirements and offer nannies an enjoyable employment experience.
A free preview of available nannies is available to families. Whether you are looking for full-time, part-time, temporary, summer, live-in or live-out nannies or elderly/companion care there are a variety of experience levels available. Once you are a registered member, you will have access to contact information and advanced search features. Helpful tools are available to registered families and nannies, including sample interview questions, a sample reference form and a sample contract.